What we have gone through this year not only as a city but as a nation has put a lot into perspective. People are being more cautious, hygienic, and are taking their toilet paper purchases more seriously.
All jokes aside, we have also made more certain the importance of supporting local businesses.
We here at S&D love our fellow business owners and plan to give them the best Christmas gift of all: our patronage.
Here is a list of all the local holiday goodies we have our eyes on. Read along and take notes!
Where Shopping is a Pleasure
Publix is known to many Floridians as home to the Pub Sub and top-notch customer service.
Did you know they have their own merch? Well, now you do!
We have narrowed down our favorite items:
Sugar Cookie Candle Set – Because Publix cookies are life!
Other notable items found on the Publix merch store website are:
- Publix Slides – The perfect slip on and go shoes for your Publix run.
- 90th Anniversary Publix Ornament – Is your Christmas tree even complete without one of these?
- Glass Cup with Bamboo Lid – Eco-friendly and Pub Club themed? Say no more!
- Chicken Tender Sub Shirt – Fun fact: this is also our favorite Pub Sub order!
- Publix Holiday Socks – We all have that person in our life who wears wacky socks. Bet they do not have these in their collection!
Downtown Must-Haves & Vintage Classics
Any Lakelander will tell you that DowntownLKLD is full of cute shops, good eats, and friendly faces!
Spend the day perusing the shelves of these local brick and mortars or check out their online shops if the holiday crowds are not your thing.
These gifts are sure to please even the pickiest one on your list:
Lakeland Mug – Coffee or teatime is guaranteed to improve with this Swan City mug!
While you are there you should also check out these fun gifts:
- Pleasant Things Coloring Book – Because we could all use something to relax our minds at this point.
- 2021 Wall Calendar – A 2021 calendar is a MUST, and hopefully, 2021 will go a little more as planned with this on hand.
Scout & Tag
Lakeland Ornament – To go together with that previously mentioned Publix ornament.
We are also crushing over this towel from Scout & Tag:
- Swan Kitchen Towel – What is cuter than a Lakeland swan? One wearing a Santa hat that is!
Hand and Body Lotion – You know our favorite local flower shop would come up with a divine scent for this lotion.
Silver Moon Drive-In
Neon Front Tee – Such a classic! Bring this iconic neon sign to the Lakeland lover in your life.
And check out these other styles they offer:
- Neon Long Sleeve Tee – For the handful of days in January where it actually gets cold enough for long sleeves.
- Classic Silver Moon T-Shirt – You can’t go wrong with gifting this simple and timeless Silver Moon tee.
Brews, Bakeries, and Beyond
You could eat your way through the City of Lakeland and still never be out of options. However, the rise of breweries and bakeries have become all the rage lately.
Not only do these shops offer yummy tastings, but they also offer experiences and ambiance as well. Think of it as a double-whammy gift!
Get Your Drink On
Swan Brewing Pint Glass – Bring the bar to the beer lover in your life. And don’t forget to pick up a 32oz Crowler while you’re at it!
Other notable gifts the drink lover in your life can sip on are:
- Revival Craft Cocktail Syrups and More – Have a friend who seems to be the ultimate mixologist at every get-together? Surprise them with these small-batch syrups and goods from Revival.
- Concord Coffee Mug – Lakeland’s favorite coffee shop is now repping their own mug! Pick this up with a bag of the infamous Patriot Coffee.
Born + Bread T-Shirt – I’m sure we have all stood in line to taste the deliciousness that is Born + Bread pastries. Show some B+B pride and snag this adorable tee for the carb lover in your life.
And no sweet tooth is satisfied without these additional gifts:
- Mayday Ice Cream Enamel Pin – An adorable stocking stuffer for anyone who has had the pleasure of tasting Mayday ice cream at the Joinery.
- Mayday Homemade Sprinkles – We could not resist adding this to the list, how fun!
Local Artists and Custom Creations
Lakeland, FL is known for its art. You can see sculptures and wall murals all around town. Did you know many of these artists sell their creations in local shops and online?
Check out our favorites below!
The fun does not stop there, here are some other locally crafted creations for the Lakelander in your life:
- Lakeland Landmark Print – Everything there is to love about Lakeland designed by Mockingbird Artist. Printed to be framed and hung up to showcase Polk County pride!
- Lakeland, FL Whiskey Glass – Make sure to throw this in with those small-batch syrups from Revival and you have yourself the perfect cocktail set!
- One and Only Ivan Print – Remember that one time a Disney movie was filmed here in Lakeland!? Local artist Bump Galletta has paid tribute to that exciting time with this print.
- Sunshine State Crop Tank – Another favorite from artist Bump Galletta!
- Lakeland Folded Stationery – Local artist Artfully Em brings whimsy and joy to Lakeland landmarks with these cards.
Odds and Ends
Benson’s Caine Cookies – It wouldn’t be a Lakeland Gift Guide without something for the furry friend on your list!
Lakeland-opoly – This one is a rarity. Rumor has it you can still find it at North and Southside Wal-Mart locations if you are lucky, but we have yet to get our hands on one!